COVID-19 Alert Level 4: additional support for business
Date: 24th March 2020
Yesterday, 23 March, the Government announced:
- New Zealand moves up to COVID-19 Alert Level 3 – Restrict
- New Zealand to move up to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 – Eliminate, in 48 hours
- Two-staged approach to give people and businesses time to prepare
So how will your business be affected?
From today, 24 March:
- Workplaces must implement alternative working with everyone who can to work from home.
- Non-essential business in NZ must all close, including bars, cafes, restaurants and cinemas.
- Supermarkets, doctors, pharmacies, service stations, and access to essential banking services will be available throughout New Zealand at every alert level.
Government support for economy, workers, businesses
As of this afternoon, the Government announced significant further support for the economy, workers and businesses as the country unites to prepare for Alert Level 4 in the fight against COVID-19. This is additional to the support measures announced on 18 March.
Cabinet today agreed to remove the cap on the Government’s wage subsidy scheme, which will inject a further $4 billion into the economy over the next eleven weeks.
- The Government is expediting urgent work on new income support measures for all workers above and beyond the wage subsidy scheme, to be appropriate for how the economy will operate under Alert Level 4.
- The Government, Reserve Bank and retail banks have agreed in principle to significant temporary support for mortgage holders and a business finance guarantee scheme for those impacted by COVID-19 as the country moves towards Alert Level 4. The details of this will be announced in the next few days.
- Cabinet has agreed to freeze all rent increases and to look to extend no-cause terminations to protect people during this difficult time.
- Self-employed people and businesses that are less than a year old will also now be eligible for help
How we can help
Let’s be mindful but positive. Let’s focus on the things that we can do to minimise the outcomes, such as heightened cleanliness and social distancing measures. And find joy in the moments we can share with loved ones.
At this time, our team are able to work from their homes with no disruption to the service we provide. Our accounting software is cloud based and we are available via email and mobile. Please contact us if you need our help.
Whatever you do, please stay in touch with us so that together we can make a plan to help you in these difficult times.
Read our latest information related to COVID-19 here.
Posted in: Covid-19, Latest News